pick on 刁难; 欺负
EG:
When you're an adult, no one canpick onyou.
当你是一个成年人的时候,没有人会欺负你。
It makes my blood boil to think two thugs decided topick on an innocent young girl.
一想到两个暴徒要欺负一个天真的小姑娘,我就满腔怒火。
bust my ass拼命努力工作;竭尽全力
EG:
Every day I work, I bust my ass so my family can live well.
在单位里我努力的干活,因为我希望家里的日子可以好过起来。
I will bust my assto get you any duty station you want.
我保证让你们去想去的任何地方。
in so many words明确地;直截了当地说
EG:
In so many words, the God of all power asks us not to hurt him.
明确地,万能的上帝要求我们不要伤害他。
He did not say soin so many words, but that is what he meant.
他没有明确地那么说,不过他的话就是那个意思
音频口语
Uh-huh. Okay.
嗯 好的
Okay. Uh, uh, listen, I hear you.
好的 听着 我懂你
I know they're pricey, but these are the Dallas Cowboys
我知道那个很贵 但是这可是轮胎中的
of tires, okay?
达拉斯牛仔队 好吗
And we're talking the Troy Aikman Cowboys,
我说的是特洛伊·埃克曼牛仔
not that pretty boy Tony Romo.
不是那花花公子托尼·罗莫
All right. Good call.
好的 选得好
You won't regret it.
你不会后悔的
Boom!
拿下了
Wow. That was impressive. Yeah.
哇 刚刚很厉害
Well, it's easy when you love your product
是啊 当你很爱自己的产品
and hate Tony Romo.
也讨厌托尼·罗莫的时候很容易
Yeah, that guy's the...
是啊 那个人真是
Actually, I don't, I don't know who that guy is.
好吧 我不知道那个人是谁
If you are here about Sheldon's wedding, don't bother.
如果你是为了谢尔顿的婚礼而来 就不用麻烦了
Come on. I-I know you two have your differences.
别这样 我知道你们两个有很大的矛盾
You mean pretty much everything about us?
你是说我们几乎所有的事都不对付吗
Well, not everything.
也不是所有的事啊
You're both tall, you have the same last name.
你们俩都很高 姓氏一样
Maybe I shouldn't have started this like it was a list.
我说不下去了
You have no idea what you are talking about.
你根本不知道你在说什么
Ooh, there-- that-that was very Sheldon.
哦 就是这句 很有谢尔顿的风格
Look, I-I'm sure he was not the easiest brother to have,
听着 我知道和他这么个弟弟一起相处并不是很容易
but it wasn't easy for him either,
但是对于他来说也不是很容易
with you picking on him all the time.
毕竟你总是欺负他
Picking on him? Is that what he told you?
欺负他 他是这么跟你说的吗
Well, what about the time
比如那次
you threw away his Halloween costume?
你把他的万圣节化妆服给扔了
Well, yeah, 'cause he was gonna dress as some girl
scientist.
对啊 但他是想装扮成什么女科学家
Madame Curie?
居里夫人吗
Oh, I didn't know she was a madam.
哦 我不知道她是位夫人
Come on. He was still gonna get beat up for wearing that dress.
拜托 他穿那种衣服出门还是会被揍啊
Well, didn't you sit on his head
他想看星际迷航的时候
while he tried to watch Star Trek?
你不是坐在他头上了吗
Well, yeah, but that was hilarious.
对啊 但是很好笑啊
That is pretty hilarious, yeah.
是挺好笑的
Look, I mean,
听着 我的意思是
I always looked out for him at school.
我在学校里一直照顾他
I drove him everywhere.
我开车载着他到处去
I apologized to people when he was rude.
他对别人无礼的时候我还替他道歉
Yeah. I've done all that.
没错 我也做了那些事
I've also removed all
我还从他的麦片圈中
the red balloons from his Lucky Charms
把所有的红气球都挑了出去
because they weren't "Irish enough." All right.
因为它们不够爱尔兰风情 - 好吧
So you know what I'm talking about.
所以你明白我的意思
And has he ever thanked you?
而他向你表示过感谢吗
Not in so many words,
没有明确说过
or any words.
或者是没有说过
Would it kill him to actually say it?
说出那句话会要他的命吗
No. No, it wouldn't kill him.
不 不会要他的命
Leonard,
莱纳德
you know how I got the money
你知道我是怎么弄到钱
to open up my first store?
开第一家店的吗
I busted my ass for it,
我拼了命的干活攒钱
'cause all the extra money that we had had to go to
Sheldon
因为我们家所有额外的钱全都给了谢尔顿
so he could go to college and he could go
所以他才能上大学
study in Germany.
以及去德国留学
And do you know what he's never said to me?
你知道他从未对我说过什么吗
Danke schon?
谢谢吗[德语]
It's, uh, "thank you" in German.
这是德语中的谢谢
Do you need me to sit on your head?
你是想让我坐到你的头上吗
Nope.
不想
After all my sacrifices,
我做出了那么多牺牲
guess which kid my mom is the most proud of.
猜猜最让我妈妈自豪的是谁呢
If it makes you feel any better,
如果能让你好过一点的话
my mom's most proud of Sheldon, too, so...
最让我妈自豪的也是谢尔顿 所以
莱纳德
you want a beer?
想来瓶啤酒吗
Yeah, I would love a beer.
好 给我来一瓶
There you go.
给
Thanks. Can you open it for me? No, it's a twist-off.
谢谢 能帮我开一下吗 - 不用 拧就能开
I know.
我知道
嗯 好的
好的 听着 我懂你
达拉斯牛仔队 好吗
好的 选得好
你不会后悔的
Boom!
拿下了
哇 刚刚很厉害
是啊 那个人真是
也不是所有的事啊
你们俩都很高 姓氏一样
我说不下去了
毕竟你总是欺负他
比如那次
scientist.
居里夫人吗
哦 我不知道她是位夫人
他想看星际迷航的时候
你不是坐在他头上了吗
对啊 但是很好笑啊
是挺好笑的
听着 我的意思是
我在学校里一直照顾他
我开车载着他到处去
没错 我也做了那些事
我还从他的麦片圈中
所以你明白我的意思
而他向你表示过感谢吗
没有明确说过
或者是没有说过
不 不会要他的命
莱纳德
你知道我是怎么弄到钱
开第一家店的吗
我拼了命的干活攒钱
Sheldon
所以他才能上大学
以及去德国留学
谢谢吗[德语]
这是德语中的谢谢
Nope.
不想
我做出了那么多牺牲
莱纳德
想来瓶啤酒吗
好 给我来一瓶
给
Thanks. Can you open it for me?
谢谢 能帮我开一下吗
No, it's atwist-off.
不用 拧就能开
I know.
我知道
音频词汇笔记
pricey [prasi] 价格高的
EG:
New designer clothes are often too pricey for most consumers.
对大多数顾客来说,新款品牌服装太贵了。
EG:
When you’re an adult, no one can pick on you.
hilarious [hleris] 欢闹的 令人捧腹的
EG:
Are you kidding? That movie was hilarious.
你是在开玩笑吗?那部电影是很欢闹的。
bust [bst] 打破 胸围 破产
EG:
I really don't want to bust your bubble, but it sounds like you already have.
我不想打破你的梦想,但你好像已经失去一切。
twist off 扭断 拧开
EG:
You have to twist the lid off, not pull it.
你得把盖子拧开,而不是拽开。
热门跟贴