点击“语斋翻译”↑↑↑,关注我们吧!
昨天的端午节,大家赛龙舟,吃粽子了吗?
来看看下面这段对话,了解一下常用的英文节日说法吧!
A view of the longest wooden dragon canoe in the world. [Photo by Zhou Songmei for chinadaily.com.cn]
DIALOGUE
A: Have you heard about the Dragon Boat Races to be held this afternoon?
A:你知道今天下午有龙舟比赛吗?
B: Yes, it is part of a holiday, right?
B:知道啊,是为了庆祝什么节日对吧?
A: Yup, Duan Wu Festival, but it’s also just simply called the Dragon Boat Festival. It’s among the three major traditional holidays celebrated by Chinese.
A:是的,是端午节,不过(英文中)通常叫做龙舟节。它是中国三大传统节日之一。
B: Other than the Dragon Boat Races, what’s special about this day?
B:除了龙舟赛,这一天还有什么特别的活动吗?
A: Traditionally, it was thought to be a time for warding off evil spirits, but now it’s just thought of a time to remind family members to take care of their health.
A:在传统上,这一天一直被视为是驱凶避邪的日子,不过现在它的意义已经只是提醒家人注意身体健康了。
B: Sounds great! I think I’ll join in on the boat competitions.
B:听起来不赖!我想我会去参加龙舟比赛。
A: After you’ve worked up an appetite, you can eat Zongzi. Everyone eats them during the Dragon Boat Festival.
A:等你划船累到肚子饿的时候,就可以吃粽子。端午节的时候大家都会吃粽子。
B: Eating is a really important part of Chinese culture, huh?
B:吃真是中国文化中很重要的一部分,对吧?
A: Yes, perhaps one of the most important aspects. Don’t worry though; there are no surprises in Zongzi. They are just rice with either meat or sweet red bean paste wrapped inside. They are quite yummy!
A:没错,或许是最重要的之一。不过别担心,粽子里面没什么特别的东西,只是米饭包着肉或豆沙而已。好吃极了!
NOTES
1 join in on 通常指加入某个已经计划要进行的活动,成为其中的一员。例:
You should join in on our family’s New Year’s celebration.
你应该来跟我们家人一起庆祝新年。
Come join in (on) the fun!
一起来同乐吧!
2 work up an appetite 引起食欲,胃口大增。例:
He worked up an appetite after a long day of chopping wood.
在砍了一天柴后,他食欲大增。
You need to work up an appetite first, then we’ll go to the buffet.
你得先让自己饿得饥肠辘辘,然后我们再去吃自助餐。
来源:网络整理
12年+专业专注,精心精译,服务至上,追求卓越
语斋翻译,助推企业国际化的可靠语言伙伴
固话:021-51613981
手机:18721062328
邮箱:info@shyuzhai.com
网址:www.shyuzhai.com
QQ:980280519
翻译服务多元化,多语种笔译,会议谈判陪同口译
同声传译,多媒体听译字幕配音,网站软件本地化
音画同步,音视频剪辑制作,外语配音一站式服务
精译历练,盖章认证,数百强企业指定翻译供应商
The better we know you and understand your need,
the better we can help;
that’s why we seek to be a trusted collaborator.
热门跟贴