中英对照绘本丨A Fright In The Night 惊悚之夜

打开网易新闻 查看精彩图片

作者:Russel Punter

故事背景:杰斯小姐是一位宠物医生。一天夜里,她接到了一位名叫比尔的先生打来的电话,请她到家里为宠物看病。杰斯小姐答应了,来到了比尔提供的住址。

打开网易新闻 查看精彩图片

The house is dark, the blinds are drawn.

整座房子黑漆漆的,百叶窗也被拉上了。

But wait-is that a light?

但是,等等,那是一束光吗?

“I'm Jess, the vet. You must be Bill?”

“我是兽医杰斯。你一定就是比尔吧?”

Yes, Jess, that is right.

是的,杰斯小姐,我就是比尔。

打开网易新闻 查看精彩图片

“I have some pets that need you help. This way, please, follow me.”

“我有一些宠物生病了,需要你的帮助。这边请,跟我来。”

Fang has a pain. His foot is red.

这是方,他有点痛苦,他的脚有些红肿了。

Gosh, Bill, let me see...

天啊,比尔,让我来看一下……

打开网易新闻 查看精彩图片

Jess examines Fang's sore paw. “He doesn't bite, I hope?”

杰斯检查了方的疼痛的爪子。“但愿它不会咬人吧。”

I will need to soak his foot.

我需要把他的脚浸湿。

Then rub it with this soap.

然后擦上香皂。

打开网易新闻 查看精彩图片

“And now please check my fish. ”says Bill. “I thin they must be sick.”

“另外,请你检查一下我的鱼。”比尔说,“我觉得他们一定是生病了。”

I keep them in a big deep pool.

我把他们放在了一个大大的深水池里。

打开网易新闻 查看精彩图片

Jess, meet Fin and Nick.

杰斯,这是芬和尼克

打开网易新闻 查看精彩图片

Jess checks the pair all over to find out why they're ill.

杰斯给它们做了全面检查,找出他们生病的原因。

A pill will fix them.

一片药就能治好他们。

Yes, yes, I see. It's not too bad.

是的,是的,我明白了。不算太糟。

打开网易新闻 查看精彩图片

“There is something wrong with Nip, ”says Bill. " He just won't cut his food. "

“尼普有点问题”,比尔说,“他咬不动他的食物。”

“Is he in a good mood?”

“他现在心情好吗?”

I might need to check his teeth.

我也许需要检查一下他的牙齿。

打开网易新闻 查看精彩图片

Jess soon spots the problem. She finds a tooth that's split.

杰斯很快发现了问题。她发现有颗牙裂缝了。

“Bill, look at that. This tooth is bad.”

“比尔,看看这颗牙,是坏的。”

I will get rid of it.

我要清理掉它。

打开网易新闻 查看精彩图片

When Jess has done, Bill shows her out.

杰斯做完后,比尔送她出去。

That light-is it the sun?

那束光,是太阳光吗?

打开网易新闻 查看精彩图片

Jess looks at Bill and sees his...teeth!

杰斯看向比尔,看到了他的……牙齿!

So long. I need to run!

再见。我要跑了!