打开网易新闻 查看精彩图片

Henny Penny

母鸡潘妮

这是一个广为流传的民间故事,甚至有很多不同结局的版本......

绘本主要讲述了一只叫Henny Penny的鸡因为被一颗橡果砸到了头,而以为天快要塌了。它马上跑去要告诉国王天快塌了。在路上,它碰到了一只公鸡、一只鸭、一只鹅、还有一只火鸡。它们听了Henny Penny的话,都很害怕,于是结伴而行。最后,它们遇到了狐狸……它们到底能不能顺利地告诉国王,天快塌了呢?

打开网易新闻 查看精彩图片

Henny Penny

母鸡潘妮

打开网易新闻 查看精彩图片

One day Henny Penny was eatingcorn in the farmyard.

有一天,母鸡潘妮正在农家宅院里吃玉米。

打开网易新闻 查看精彩图片

whack! . . . an acorn fell on her head.

一颗橡子从树上掉下来,砸在她的脑袋上。

"Oh,my!"said Henny Penny.

“我的天哪!”母鸡潘妮说,

"The sky is falling!

“天要塌下来了,

The sky is falling. I must go and tell the King."

我必须得告诉国王去。”

打开网易新闻 查看精彩图片

So she went along and she went along and she went along until she met Cocky Locky.

她走啊走,走啊走,走啊走,直到遇到了公鸡洛基。

"Hello, Henny Penny,"said Cocky Locky. "Where are you going?"

“喔喔喔!母鸡潘妮,你这是去哪啊?”公鸡洛基问。

"The sky is falling and I must go and tell the king," said Henny Penny.

母鸡潘妮说,“天要塌下来了,我正要去禀告国王呢!”

打开网易新闻 查看精彩图片

"Oh, may I go with you?" asked Cocky Locky.

“我可以跟你一起去吗?”公鸡洛基问。

"Certainly!"said Henny Penny.

“当然可以。”母鸡潘妮说。

所以母鸡潘妮和公鸡洛基一起去告诉国王天要塌下来了。

打开网易新闻 查看精彩图片

So they went along and they went along and they went along until they met Ducky Lucky.

他们走啊走,走啊走,走啊走,直到遇到了鸭子达基。

"Hello, Henny Penny and Cocky Locky, " said Ducky Lucky, "Where are you going?"

“嘎嘎嘎!你们要去哪呢,母鸡潘妮和公鸡洛基?”鸭子拉基问道。

打开网易新闻 查看精彩图片

"The sky is fallingand we must go and tell the King," said Henny Penny and Cocky Locky.

“哦,我们正要去告诉国王天要塌下来了。”母鸡潘妮和公鸡洛基说。

"Oh! May I go with you?" asked Ducky Lucky.

“我能和你们一起去吗?”鸭子拉基问道。

"Certainly!" said Henny Penny and Cocky Locky.

“当然可以啦。”母鸡潘妮和公鸡洛基说。

所以母鸡潘妮,公鸡洛基和鸭子拉基一起去告诉国王天要塌下来了。

打开网易新闻 查看精彩图片

So they went along and they went along and they went along until they met Goosey Loosey.

他们走啊走,走啊走,走啊走,直到遇到了灰鹅露西。

"Hello,Henny Penny, Cocky Locky and Ducky Lucky," said Goosey Loosey. "Where are you going?"

“咕咕咕,你们去哪啊,母鸡潘妮,公鸡洛基,鸭子拉基?”灰鹅露西问。

"Thesky is falling and we must go and tell the king," said Henny Penny, Cocky Locky and Ducky Lucky.

“哦,我们正要去告诉国王天要塌下来了。”母鸡潘妮和公鸡洛基和鸭子拉基说。

"Oh!May I go with you?" asked Goosey Loosey.

“我能和你们一起去吗?”灰鹅露西问道。

"Certainly!"said Henny Penny, Cocky Locky and Ducky Lucky.

“当然可以啦。”母鸡潘妮、公鸡洛基和鸭子拉基说。

所以母鸡潘妮、公鸡洛基、鸭子拉基和灰鹅露西一起去告诉国王天要塌下来了。

打开网易新闻 查看精彩图片

So they went along and they went along and they went along until they met Turkey Lurkey.

他们走啊走,走啊走,走啊走,直到遇到了火鸡乐基。

"Hello, Henny Penny, Cocky Locky, Ducky Lucky and Goosey Loosey," said Turkey Lurkey."Where are you going?"

“咯咯咯,”火鸡乐基说,“你们去哪啊,母鸡潘妮,公鸡洛基,鸭子拉基和灰鹅露西?”

打开网易新闻 查看精彩图片

"The sky is falling and we must go and tell the king," said Henny Penny, CockyLocky, Ducky Lucky and Goosey Loosey.

“哦,我们正要去告诉国王天要塌下来了。”母鸡潘妮、公鸡洛基、鸭子拉基和灰鹅露西说。

"Oh! May I go with you?"asked Turkey Lurkey.

“我能和你们一起去吗?”火鸡乐基问道。

"Certainly!" saidHenny Penny, Cocky Locky, Ducky Lucky and Goosey Loosey.

“当然可以啦。”母鸡潘妮、公鸡洛基、鸭子拉基和灰鹅露西说。

所以母鸡潘妮,公鸡洛基、鸭子拉基、灰鹅露西和火鸡乐基一起去告诉国王天要塌下来了。

打开网易新闻 查看精彩图片

So they went along and they went along, and they went along until they met Foxy Loxy.

他们走啊走,走啊走,走啊走,直到遇到了狐狸洛克斯。

打开网易新闻 查看精彩图片

"Greetings, Henny Penny, Cocky Locky, Ducky Lucky, Goosey Loosey and Turkey Lurkey," said Foxy Loxy, "Where are you going?".

“你们去哪啊,母鸡潘妮,公鸡洛基,鸭子拉基、灰鹅露西和火鸡乐基?”狐狸洛克斯问道。

打开网易新闻 查看精彩图片

"The sky is falling and wemust go and tell the king," said Henny Penny, Cocky Locky, Ducky Lucky,Goosey Loosey and Turkey Lurkey.

“哦,我们正要去告诉国王天要塌下来了。”母鸡潘妮、公鸡洛基、鸭子拉基、灰鹅露西和火鸡乐基说。

"You'll never get there intime," said Foxy Loxy. "Come with me andI'll show you the shortcut."

“哦,”狐狸洛克斯说,“但这不是去国王那儿的路啊,母鸡潘妮、公鸡洛基、鸭子拉基、灰鹅露西和火鸡乐基。跟我来,我带你们走一条去国王宫殿的近路。”

打开网易新闻 查看精彩图片

"Certainly!" said Henny Penny, Cocky Locky, Ducky Lucky, Goosey Loosey and Turkey Lurkey.

“太好了。”母鸡潘妮、公鸡洛基、鸭子拉基、灰鹅露西和火鸡乐基说。

And they followed Foxy Loxy right into his cave.

他们走啊走,走啊走,走啊走,一直走到狐狸洛克斯的山洞。

他们都跟着狐狸洛克斯进去了。

打开网易新闻 查看精彩图片

Henny Penny, Cocky Locky, Ducky Lucky, Goosey Loosey and Turkey Lurkey were never seen again. . .

自那以后,再也没有人见过母鸡潘妮、公鸡洛基、鸭子拉基、灰鹅露西和火鸡乐基。

. . . and no one ever told the king the sky was falling.

也没有人去告诉过国王说天要塌下来了。但是.......

打开网易新闻 查看精彩图片

希望萌宝成长路上都有父母相伴

欢迎转发,分享给更多朋友

点个“在看”鼓励一下!