百余年来

沧海桑田

物是人非

但美国《企业家》杂志扉页上的这段话却从未变过

它被称为

「 企业家宣言 」

流传100多年的美国企业家宣言:我有权选择不做一个平庸的人!(附视频&双语稿)
打开网易新闻 查看更多视频
流传100多年的美国企业家宣言:我有权选择不做一个平庸的人!(附视频&双语稿)

流传100多年的美国企业家宣言:我有权选择不做一个平庸的人!(附视频&双语稿)
打开网易新闻 查看更多视频
流传100多年的美国企业家宣言:我有权选择不做一个平庸的人!(附视频&双语稿)

企业家宣言 美国

I do not choose to be a common person.

我不要选择做一个普通人

It is my right to be uncommon—if I can.

如果我可以,我有权成为杰出的人

I seek opportunity—not security.

我寻求机会,而非安稳

I do not wish to be a kept citizen,

我不想成为一位被保障的国民

humbled and dulled by having the state look after me.

孱弱而迟钝地安享着国家的照顾

I want to take the calculated risk,

我要做有意义的冒险

to dream and to build,

去梦想,去创造

to fail and to succeed.

要失败,也要成功

I refuse to barter incentive for a dole;

我渴望奖励,拒绝施舍

I prefer the challenges of life to the guaranteed existence;

我宁要充满挑战的人生,也不要万无一失地活着

the thrill of fulfillment to the stale calm of Utopia.

宁要心满意足的颤抖,也不要萎靡虚空的平静

I will not trade my freedom for beneficence

我不会拿我的自由换取恩惠

nor my dignity for a handout.

也不会拿我的崇高换取救济

I will never cower before any master

我绝不在任何权威面前发抖

nor bend to any threat.

也绝不为任何恐吓所屈服

It is my heritage to stand erect, proud, and unafraid;

我的天性是挺胸直立,骄傲,且无所畏惧

to think and act for myself;

我要自由地思考和行动

to enjoy the benefit of my creations;

我要纵情于我的创造的价值

and to face the world boldly

我要光荣的面对世界

and say:

宣布:

"This, with God's help, I have done."

“在上帝的帮助下,我,真的做到了!”

“言值”爆表的人都喜欢赞赏

想第一时间接收英语演讲文章&视频?置顶精彩英语演讲就对了!操作办法就是:进入公众号——点击右上角的●●●——找到“置顶公众号”—— 开启。