学英文经常会遇到单词都认识,

之后就高兴的认为只要逐字翻译就是整句话,

于是就有了how are you 译为怎么是你,

how old are you 怎么总是你,这样的尴尬英文,

下面最高频被逐字翻译的错误英文,中枪几个!

What do you do?

=What do you do for a living.

不是问正在做什么,而是你的工作是什么

What do you do?

你是做什么工作的

I'm a teacher in Wall Street English.

我是华尔街英语的英文老师

Eat one's words

=Take back one's words

收回之前说的话

Someday you'll have to eat your words.

总有一天,你将不得不收回你所说过的话

What else is new?

=Unsurprising

意料之中,没什么稀奇

What else is new?And, tell me something I don't know.

早就知道了,还有我不知道的吗?

You are easy

=Easy

容易,轻易

You've seen only with your eyes, so you are easy to fool.

你只用眼睛看事情,很容易被骗

What eating you?

=What's bothering you?

什么在困扰你

You seem worried. What is eating you up?

你好像很焦虑,在烦什么呢?